|Oh no! It seems there are some images missing on this page. Help this wiki by uploading appropriate images!|
Up to eight worlds can be made per Super World. Each World is a 7×4 grid of tiles which can be changed to various paths and terrain features. Courses, Toad Houses, and Warp Pipes can be placed on it. There is a starting point and a castle on the map that cannot be created or deleted, only moved. The starting point is where players start the world, and the castle is where players play the last level that unlocks the next world when completed. At the end of the Super World you see whoever you played as walking with Princess Peach and you hear a few seconds of the game end theme from Super Mario World. Only 1 Super World can be uploaded per Maker; if you want to upload another one, you have to create another user on the Nintendo Switch system. To upload a Super World, the following criteria must be met:
- There must be a way to get from the starting point to the castle in each world of your Super World.
- A course must be set in every castle of your Super World.
- All of the courses in your Super World must be uploaded to Course World.
- This is impossible to meet if you don't have a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- A Super World must not already have been uploaded to Course World.
"Coo, coo, coo! (With this new update, you can now make your own Super Worlds, which are a collection of up to eight different worlds!)"
"Coo coo, coo. Coooo. (Each individual world needs a way to get from the start of the world to the goal, which is the castle. I already did that for you here.)"
"Coo, coo coo coo. Coo. (Keep in mind that you'll need to set a course in the castle spot for each world to work. Touch the castle or hold to set a course.)"
"Coo, coo coooo, coo. (You can set other courses, Toad Houses, and Warp Pipes on each world as well.)"
"Cooo, coo coo. Coo, coo. (From the Worldbot in the main menu, you can upload a saved Super World to Course World. You can only have one Super World uploaded at a time, but it can contain up to eight worlds.)"
"Cooo, cooo coo! (To start over from scratch, use the Reset Rocket and make the Super World of your dreams!)"
- Course - when placing, the menu of courses appears, you can change the icon of the level. (Limit: 4)
- Toad House - It lets players play minigames. (Limit: 3 per world)
- Picture Match
- Players need to match pieces of Super Mushrooms, Fire Flowers and Super Stars. If a Super Mushroom is created, one life is granted, a Fire Flower grants three lives and a Super Star grants five lives. If an item is mismatched, no lives are granted. This minigame originated in Super Mario Bros. 3, but matching up a Super Mushroom would give you two lives instead of one.
- Players need to repeatedly press to inflate a balloon. You will get one, three or five lives depending on how large it is.
- Players need to jump to catch baseballs at varying speeds and trajectories. You will get one, three or five lives depending on how many baseballs are missed. The less missed, the better.
- If 3 baseballs are missed, Weird Mario will walk out of the house and shoo you away, and no lives will be gained.
- Picture Match
- Warp Pipe - When used, it will take the player to the other Pipe in the world. If there is none, then they will come straight back. You cannot warp between worlds. (Limit: 2 per world)
- Ground - this panel has no path, so you can't walk on it, but you can decorate it.
- Decoration 1
- Decoration 2
- Decoration 3
- Path panels (End, Straight, Turning, Intersection, & Curved) - makes the completion of the world possible.
- No Terrain
- Bridges - same function as a straight line path, but it's a bridge.
- Hill - it has the ladder, when the path is free to climb.
- Cloud (to connect a cloud to a path, you need to place a path on the panel under the cloud)
These elements cannot be removed or placed, only moved.
- Start position
Default World Arrangements
|Underground||File:WorldTheme Underground Music.ogg|
|Desert||File:WorldTheme Desert Music.ogg|
|Snow||File:WorldTheme Snow Music.ogg|
|Sky||File:WorldTheme Sky Music.ogg|
|Forest||File:WorldTheme Forest Music.ogg|
|Volcano||File:WorldTheme Volcano Music.ogg|
|Jumping Piranha Plant|
|Chain Chomp||File:WorldMaker Course13.png|
|Toad House||During Play|
|Decoration 1||File:WorldMaker Ground2 Space.png|
|Bridge||✓||File:WorldMaker Bridge Sky.png||File:WorldMaker Bridge Sky.png|
|x||File:WorldMaker Bridge Sky-x.png||File:WorldMaker Bridge Sky-x.png|
- The Space World Theme's music is exclusive to Super Mario Maker 2.
- The Desert World Theme's music is from Super Mario All-Stars: Super Mario Bros. 3.
- Dry Bones and Red Cheep Cheeps can appear in place of Koopa Troopas and Green Cheep Cheeps in the Volcano World Theme. Snow Pokeys can also appear in place of Pokeys in the Snow World Theme.
- Red Cheep Cheeps become Flaming Red Cheep Cheeps when placed on a path's second form.
|Play||Story Mode (Jobs) • Coursebot • Worldbot|
|Course World||Courses • Leaderboards • Network Play • Endless Challenge • Ninji Speedruns • Super Worlds|
|Make||Course Maker • World Maker|
|Course Parts||Terrain • Items • Enemies • Gizmos • Sound Effects • Other • Featured|
|Course Themes||Ground • Underground • Underwater • Desert • Snow • Sky • Forest • Ghost House • Airship • Castle|
|Gimmicks||Night • Course Areas • Liquid Level • Autoscroll • Clear Conditions|
|Metagame||Cheese • Terminology • Trolling Techniques • Level secrets|
|Other||Yamamura's Dojo • Glitches • Polls|